Mohammad Amir Sohel; Living a happy married life is one of the acts of worship. If there is no happiness and peace in the world, religious matters cannot be observed properly. Moreover, husband and wife have a number of responsibilities and duties to make their married life happy and peaceful. Among them, the husband has 4 special responsibilities and duties towards his wife. Which makes marital life happy and beautiful. And then-
1. Pay the stamp
One of the conditions of marriage is the seal. Marriage is not possible without a seal. Subject to the determination and collection of seals, a good relationship develops between husband and wife. Are halal for each other. Therefore, after marriage, the first and foremost duty of the husband is to pay his dowry according to his wife’s satisfaction. The seal is so important that if you do not pay the seal or at least do not intend to pay it, intercourse with your wife is nothing but adultery.
So after marriage, the first and foremost duty of the husband towards his wife is to pay the dowry. That is why Islam has made it obligatory for the husband to give the seal. And it is the husband’s responsibility and duty to realize it according to the wife’s satisfaction.
2. Maintenance of the wife
The second important responsibility of the husband towards his wife is to support her in a happy and beautiful married life. One of the important reasons why Islam has placed the dignity of the husband on the wives is that the husband will properly fulfill the responsibility of supporting his wife. In this regard, Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘Men have dominion over women because Allah has endowed each other with characteristics. And that’s because they spend their money. ‘ (Surat an-Nisa ‘: 34)
It should be kept in mind that giving maintenance to the wife is not the same thing as giving a seal. If a man has properly provided for his wife, he is not exempt from paying the dowry but must pay the dowry. Both of these are the husband’s ultimate responsibilities and duties towards his wife. There is no way to be stingy in spending for the wife. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
– ‘He who has been given wealth and comfort (rich) will spend his duty for his wife’s family as well. And whoever earns a limited amount, then he should spend from the sustenance given by Allah. Allah Almighty gives responsibility to everyone according to his ability. (Surat at-Talaq: 7)
– If the husband is rich and well-off, the wife has to be supported on the basis of affluence and if he is poor, he has to be supported on the basis of poverty. (Surat al-Baqara: verse 234)
3. Behave well
One of the most important responsibilities of a husband towards his wife is to behave well. Take advantage of Basically one of the rights of the wife over the husband is to get good behavior and good behavior. This good use is one of the bonds of a happy married life. So the husband will be kind, sympathetic and kind to his wife. Husband will love his wife with sweet behavior and will fascinate her. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘And be kind to your wives, and live a good life.’ (Surat an-Nisa ‘: verse 19)
In the terminology of the hadith, “The best of you is the one who is best to his wife and who is kind to his family.”
4. To establish justice if there is more than one wife
If a believing Muslim has more than one wife, then his duty and duty is to establish justice and fairness among the wives. It is very difficult to treat every wife equally and to establish full justice. Even then, there can be no lack of sincerity towards every wife. One should not lean too much towards one, so that it becomes a cause of trouble for the other wife. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
“Don’t lean towards one wife in such a way that others hang out.” (Surat an-Nisa ‘: 129)
It should be kept in mind that in the case of more than one wife, if one fears that even such justice will be established, then in that case one should be satisfied with one wife. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):
‘Yes, if there is a fear of justice between your wives, you will have only one wife.’ (Surat an-Nisa ‘: verse 3)
In addition, the responsibilities that husbands will have towards their wives. Then-
– To perform Walima as much as possible.
– Seeing the wife’s faults in a forgiving way.
– To treat his wife with a smile and happiness. Have fun.
– Aim for shyness.
– Refrain from suspicious words and deeds.
-To adopt a moderate approach in maintenance.
– Emphasis on religious education of wives.
– Explain and exhort him in beautiful and gentle language as soon as any disobedience occurs.
– Interact with the wife in the best way. In this case, adherence to religious rules and regulations. For example: not facing the Ka’bah at this time, abiding by menstruation and nefas i.e. menstruation, knowing the rules of attaining purity, etc.
Proper adherence to the above principles will make the marriage happy and comfortable. There will be no unrest